Accelerator Catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ron mexico75, Apr 25, 2011.

1. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Peter I would love to have you make a larger ztr. I have a bluebird catcher on mine and the bottom of the hopper so starting to go bye bye, and I would look tits if I had one of yours on there all polished up like we did all of the other catchers of yours that we have. Now with that said if you need a tester please let me know. I would gladly work with you on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

I didn't know bluebird made anything for a ZTR. can you post a pic?

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

This makes me wonder if I just got a bad one. I have only bought/tried one Accelerator, and was impressed with the lightness, and the bagging capability, but the pin which latches the back shut never lined up quite right, and the welds that hold the mounting brackets all broke after a single season of light use, (I get 5-6 years of use out of the old style cloth bags with the plastic bottoms). I just wrote Accelerator off as a waste of money. Wonder if I just got a lemon.

4. docj78

docj78 LawnSite Member

It may be just with the BOP QUICK mowers, but I've heard that the Acclerator drags the ground when mowing low ( I mow my bermuda at 1").

Is this a universal issue with all baggers, with Accelerators design, or just the combo of the Acclerator design/Quick mower design?

I REALLY want a catcher, but need to be able to mow at 1"

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

What was the cost? We had our first full day of mowing yesterday and one of our Gravely's has a steel, ugly yellow catcher and yes it's heavy even empty but with full of wet grass it almost takes two guys to load it into the truck and empty.

6. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Peter for you anything.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

The reason the catcher rides a little bit lower than the blade is to allow the bag to get a full pack. I do think the catcher we make for the BOP rides a bit lower than most, we actually raised it a bit about a year or so ago when they came out with a new deck. You can always call me to discuss your specific mower, and get a model that will ride a little bit higher. There are a few tradeoffs with this though in terms of the bag filling totally up. FYI our catcher rides the lowest right at the discharge, it angles up towards the back and towards the outside edge, so we do try to get the best of both worlds in having the catcher opening lower than the blade but higher at the outside edge and rear.

8. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Three hundred and something I forget. I have a 3/4 ton truck and load it in the truck with one hand over the side while empty. I like mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device