1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

accelerator for leafs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCut_48, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

i tried useing mine for spring cleanups but it just seems to fill soo fast soo i was wondering if any one had any tips for doing this:confused:
  2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

First, go round and round gathering them in the smallest row you can without the catcher. Put on the catcher and let it fill and do not empty. Then go over and over to mulch the leaves to powder. Backing up over the leaf piles sometimes works better at this stage. Then empty the catcher and then catch up the mulched debris.
  3. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

actually on your first pass around, put on the catcher but leave the door off. by doing this you can control where the leaves are going because they're going to be discharged behind you instead of blowing across where you have already mowed. mow the whole yard this way discharging inwards and you should be able to mulch most of your leaves. then put the rear door back on and pick up whatever leaves are still visible. really reduces the amount of times your accelerator will need to be dumped. i do it this way all the time with my 36'' mini z w/4.15 accelerator.
  4. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

thanks guys for the tips
  5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

You didn't mention if you have the leaf extender, but you don't have to stop nearly as often as when just using the bag alone.
  6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Small bagger + many leaves = lots of dumping

Any questions?