1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator Grass Catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman, Feb 8, 2000.

1. lawnman

lawnman LawnSite Member

I have been using the grass gobbler and grass packer, but find that they clog up easily and only fill 1/2 way most of the time, which is not time effective have to emtpy. So I am looking into the above catcher which peaked my interest while reading their brochure. Can anyone comment or does anyone use these and what do you think??????

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased one late last season. I think it works great. I use the XL size on my Lazer. It will also fit any other Exmark or Encore deck...very light 18lbs ? It is easier to deal with than the smaller catcher for a JD walk. I did not have any problems with it clogging this Fall.

3. lawnman,<p>What is your mower brand, engine and deck size?<br>What blades are you using?

4. lawnman

lawnman LawnSite Member

STONE,<br>I run a 52&quot; fERRIS DUAL DRIVE 17HP KAWI and a SCAG TURF TIGER with a 22hp. I run for blades, the standerd and super hi lifts. Im going to try dubble blades this spring. <p>----------<br>spreble<br>

5. MRPLOW

MRPLOW LawnSite Member

I have 2 bags and I highly recommend then. They are lighter, easier to carry because of the design and placement of the handles, and the rear empty door is hinged so that you don't have to mess around with reassembling it each time you empty. They cost about $300.00. Best money I ever spent.

6. Lawnman you are going to have to use the hi lift blades.<p>If you still have a problem it is with the<br>design of those mower decks. I don't want<br>to comment further and start a brand war.<p>With hi lift blades on a 52&quot; Toro with a 16hp twin I can pick<br>up anything. Small stones, dead fall wood, acorns, thatch, and small pets.

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass catchers clog when it's wet and Toros are the best in wet grass. They discharge evenly with long clippings which bag nicely.<p>As far as the small pets, I've found that John Deere's work best for those.