1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator Grass catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by weaver, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Peter,

When did you go to a solid bottom on your catchers?

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Peter , do you guys have any scratch and dent extenders at the factory ? :drinkup: PM me if ya do.

3. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

We went to a solid bottom for the 2011 model year. Of course our distributors and dealers have inventory of various units, so the newer ones get added to the system as the older ones get sold. We do in-line improvements almost every year.

We don't have any scratch and dent extenders right now, sorry to say.

4. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Do you mind scratching or denting a couple....I'd like to have one too! :)

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

As far a side-mounted catchers go Accelerator is definitely top notch, but I much prefer my rear bagger. I don't have the option of putting an extender on mine though since it's an older model with the door welded on.

6. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I'll also add that it's a great catcher. I have one for my 36" WB. The blades definitely make a difference on how tight you can pack it. I only use mine in the spring for scalping, then in the fall for leaves. The rest of the year I mulch everything.

7. aussiejohn

aussiejohn LawnSite Member

Hi Peter, Is there any way we can get them down under to Australia for a reasonable shipping price? Need one for a 54in Hustler with vx4 deck