1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator Grass Catchers..........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayD, Feb 11, 2008.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Accelerator Grass Catchers, any one have one and are they worth the money? *trucewhiteflag*

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes they are just make sure you get the biggest one you can get.
  3. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Yes and they work great!!! I use one on a Goat and on a snapper.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I agree also

5. JayD

Thanks all, for the quick response. I was looking at getting one this year for my 52" exmark WB. They should be good for leaf pick up too, I would think. I was concernd about the grass/leafs going all the way back to the end of container so it would not clogg up the shoot.
  6. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Get the Leaf Extender at the same time, especially if Peter is offering a bit of a discount or free shipping for ordering both at once. Have one four years old and a new one. The Leaf Extender works on either one. Couldn't be happier with the product, especially toward the end of the day after lifting a lot of leaves off the deck. Granted they are not cheap, but the quality, light weight, and design are worth it. At my age, figure it is far cheaper than back surgery.

Oh yeah, it packs the leaf extender 100% full, and the bagger itself close to that, maybe 95%.
  7. JayD

Thanks Jay Ray,

They sent me an email back telling me that they would recommend the 6.2 jumbo size. It retails for $549. I have not seen one in person but on here they seem to look really well built.
  8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I think mine are both 4.16 cu. ft. and with the Extender are over 6 cu. ft. I definitely do not have the Jumbo. I use one on a 32 Metro and one on a Phazer.

With the smaller bag and extender you can break it in two parts and lift into the plastic bag one part at a time (check out the Trash Funnel holder). With the Jumbo you will get more of a workout. And thinking about it, that Jumbo will really be heavy with grass.
  9. JayD

Very good point, I will go back to the web site and look again. Thanks
  10. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Went back to the site. It is actually 7.5 cu. ft. with the extender.