accelerator industries grass catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TTPRODR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

what you all think about the grass or leaf catcher from accelerator industries?
    is it better than the ultravac for exmark rider?
    i call the dealer in my city $389 for the 4.15cf and $539 for the 6.2cf.
    I dont know how much is the ultravac for a 46inch exmark triton but the accelerator bag seems very convenient.

2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I can only get mine half full before nothing else will go in.

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Can't go wrong with the Accelerator units. They may seem a little pricey, but the are strong, light and easy to use. Had one for two years and love it. I'm getting the extention for mine to help with the leaves.

4. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Best bagger there is, IMO.

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

but any bag like that is gonna fill up real quick on a z. I'd go with the ultra vac. Anyone who tried to go that route to save rather than paying the money for the ultravac regretted it.

I think exmark is doing a 12 month no pay defered interest right now so you'll have a year to pay for it.

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Would you say the same (ultra vac, rather than accelerator) if the bagger is to be used a couple of times per week, usually on different days of the week. And, what about the additional trailer space needed for a mounted bagger? A hang-on bagger can be stashed on the trailer, away from the mower. But, a mounted bagger needs to have its own space behind the ZTR, right?

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

TTPRODR, I think with the 6.2cf and an extender you'll be better off than with a full blown Ultra Vac. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against having an Ultra Vac, but if you can save a few $$ then go the least expensive way.

8. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

how much the ultravac runs from?
    under $600 I can get the accelerator 6.2cf so I imagine it might be close to a grand for the ultravac.
    im getting lots 1 and 2 acres lots calls for fall clean up and aint funny to blow,rack n' bag.

anyone know where online the accelerator can be bought?

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

TT, The full size Ultra Vac's go for 2K+, so the little Vac's are over 1K. The Accelerators can't be bought online, visit Accelerator's website and do a dealer search I'm sure you have one in your area.

10. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

jeeeeeeesus!!!!
    ill stick with accelerator,
    yeah they only got one dealer in my city .
    I appreciate all you guys inputs!!!!
    :D