1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator on a 60" Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 06HD BOSS, Feb 20, 2008.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

On a 60" LazerZ Would the weight of the 6.2 with the extender fully packed, affect the angle of the deck at all. Just thinking since all that weight is on one side of the deck, it might tilt the deck a little and get an uneven cut? Maybe im wrong, i dunno. Anybody have any experience with this? Just looking for info before i drop over $700
  2. 06HD BOSS

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 6.4 that goes with my deere 737 which has a 60 inch deck. Have never had a problem with it tilting the deck(or any other problems) no matter how much I pack it or how wet it is.
  4. 06HD BOSS

thats good info. anybody else use one?
  5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

no matter what bag you put on there, it's going to fill up way quicker then you want it to. I'd spend the money on an ultravac. You'll be much happier.
  6. 06HD BOSS

Yeah i know, im not so much concerned with how fast it fills. The accelerator with the extension holds about 9 bushels and the UC a little over 13. Just wondering if the weight of the bag on the side of the deck, opposed to the rear of the machine would affect the cutting deck angle.
  7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I can't see it being a problem.
  8. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

06 HD- Go with the ultra vac or a trac vac (pony motor) bagging set up. I have the large accelerator with extension for my hustlers- It did the job- but to be HONEST with the bagger full it is a pain in the ass to move around- esp when you are only getting 1 pass and the whole thing is full. Spend the extra money. I now have a $7-800 bagger sitting and I went out and bought 2 trac vac systems and couldn't be happier + the workers are much happier as well.

my .02

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we use accelerators and love them, they arent too heavy to all you winers out there and a cheap alternative to the thousands paid for a trac vac or similar. but if you live in leaf town usa you better invest more and get a bigger set up that is easy, try peco collection systems, they can dump from seated position.
  10. 06HD BOSS

thanks guys. i just thought for a product that does the same thing, it might be worth the $750 instead of $2300