Accelerator on a Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rich's Lawn Care, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone run the Accelerator Catcher on an Exmark Lazer Hp?

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't but a lco in my town does. He complained to me once about having to stop and dump it so often.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've been wondering if they make one that will fit my Kees. I know most folks run those big-daddy catchers on Z's, but very rarely would I ever use one. The side catcher would be a nice convenience more or less to have around for that oddball occasion. Plus if would be simple to throw on if needed.

4. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That is what i'm looking for something simple on and off.I have the ultra vac but thats not easy to take on and off from one yard to the next.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use an accelerator XL for my three Lazers 60 and 48 inch. The same catcher also works on my Great Dane WB.
    Easy on and off.

6. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

Envy Lawn,
    The kees mower will take the exact same Accelerator catcher as the Exmark (GCEX or GCEXXL). You just have to drill a 5/8 hole in the "lip" that runs along the top edge of the discharge (the Exmark already has a hole here).

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You can trim better with the accelerator bagger then with the ultravac. It is nice to take on and off and use on other mowers you have TOO.
    John

981-400.jpg

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Mounted on a 60", I know it depends on how thick/tall of grass your cutting, but how much of an area on the average can you get cut, untill its pack full?
    This could be tough to answer:)

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The taller the grass the less area you can do before dumping. But if you cut first then bag you could do more. I use the bagger and extention for quick bagging after spring and before fall. If i need extra space i put on the jrco trasporter and tub and get another 8 Bushles worth of space.
    John

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

John, you got a pic of the transporter/tub? Thanks