1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator on a ztr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshco84, Feb 23, 2008.

1. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok i am probably going to purchase a toro 60 in ztr and am going to need a bagger. I would really like to get the DFS (dump from seat clamshell style) but am wondering if any of you guys use an accelerator on your big z's. I am most worried about it getting heavy and holding the discharge side of the deck down resulting in a scalp. Does this happen or am i imagining things. It would just be nice to buy a 400 dollar catcher instead of a 2000+ dollar catcher. Thanks in advance for your input in advance guys!!!

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

3. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Peco all the way!!!
  4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The down fall to having a Accelarator on a 60 is you will be very wide and it will be in the way on alot of accts I had one on a 60 Dixie and it worked good but it was constantly in the way
  5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have used one on 61" and 52" Standers for years.......no problems with scalping.......or otherwise....... they do fill up pretty fast.
  6. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys, you were helpful!!! I have always run walkers/navigators so i have never had to worry about a bagger on a Z.