1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator Or Vac System?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by delphied, Jun 24, 2007.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I Want To Do Leaves This Fall And Dont Want To Spend 2500 On A Vac System For My New 66 Exmark. Was Thinking About An Accelerator With The Extension. Holds 11 Cubic Feet And Costs About 1000. What Do You Think?
  2. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

I have both and never use either. We only use blowers and a truck loader. The vacs fill so fast and clog too much. Too much getting up to empty the baggers every 30 seconds. I bought a truckloader a few years back and will probably never use my qds vac again. Huge waste of money.

The accelerator is a great bagger for grass around pools and that sort of thing, but like I said, fills too fast for leaves, even on a 36" fills in less than a minute.
  3. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I am trying to make the same decision, yet my scag came with a accelerator catcher just not the extension.
  4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag: Ive been using the Accelerator on my 52 Scag walkbehind for several yrs, It does a good job, but most of my cleanups are near a woods and i dump there, i have about 6 smaller accounts that i dump in 50 gal bags it don't take long, i charge by the hour when fall cleaning, some clients want 2 or even 4 cleanups nice money in that.....Marks Mowing Service
  5. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I found the best way to bag was to have 2 mowers. One for choppin and one for baggin. I cut the yard and blow everything to the center. It reduces the whole yard to 10% of the original volume. What would have filled the bagger 10 times now only fills it once. I can do a whole day worth of lawns and barely fill the back of my truck, when I have seen people do 2 lawns and fill the truck up.

Just my 2 cents though.
  6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put the MEG MO blades on you mower and an ocdc of some kind and you will not need to pick those leaves any more.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I actually use Meg-mos for leaves, double and triple cut then run over them with the Accellerator bagger and it leaves the lawn looking great....
  9. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

Does anybody know how much the accelerator leaf extension is for the xl catcher?
  10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

what mower do you use the Meg Mo on?