1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator Vs. others

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jbroderman, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jbroderman

jbroderman LawnSite Member

Is the Accelerator worth double than the other grass cathers. i found a catch rite for less than half -200 the accelerator - 430 Why is it better? just lighter or are there other features? thanks

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

If you remove your catcher a lot - especially for emptying purposes, then the lighter Accelerator is worth it from a work/effort standpoint. But, I've seen a few who empty w/o removing their bagger, so the weight doesn't matter.

Repairing/welding aluminum can quickly get expensive, whereas steel catchers will be cheaper to fix.
    My .02

3. bjack312

bjack312 LawnSite Member

The Accelerators are expensive, but the quality is unmatched. One thing to consider with the steel catchers is that they are heavy and will eventually rust.

4. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

i have a Rack um bag, but would of bought the accelerator if i saw it sooner, a friend has one and they are nice

5. GRASSMONKEYS

GRASSMONKEYS LawnSite Member

I have an accelerator for my Turf Tracer and have no complaints. It goes on and off easy, it's light and packs really well. I also have the extension that I use for mowing up leaves in the fall, works very well.

6. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

i was very skeptecal about paying the price for our accelerator products, but i have found them to be exceptional and well worth the added cost. Emptying them is heavy enought, metal doesnt make it better!! the door system is also very nice compared to others.

7. jbroderman

jbroderman LawnSite Member

how much does it weigh? the standard size. i emailed them two days ago, and no answer. thanks

8. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

I bought a grass catcher off eBay it's steel but it works ok. It can be heavy when full of leaves or grass but I just park close to the trailer so that I don't have to carry far. Might buy te accelerater for my vride tho for fall clean ups and spring scalping.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the XL model and it can get pretty heavy with damp grass. I would hate to have the added weight of a steel one. They are made very well with quality materials and workmanship. Getting them on and off the mower is very quick and simple. I am buying another one in 2 days.

As an alternative, someone makes a plastic one but i dont know the company. I am sure it is cheaper than the Accel.