Accelerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cooper725, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Cooper725

Cooper725 LawnSite Member

I am looking into getting both of my mowers (Simplicity+Ferris) leaf and grass catchers. Now the Simplicity I know I will have to go with a CleanSweep Triple Collector, But the Ferris I was reading up on this Accelerator. ( http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/mowermodels/Ferris.htm ) I was wondering if any of you grass assassins have any experience with this product and the pros and cons of it.

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

They are a little expensive, but they are well made and wont rust. Plus they are light weight as compared to the steel catchers. They also outlast the cloth catchers. Overall a good product but expect to pay about $500 for one.

3. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Accelerator is a sponsor here on Lawnsite. Peter Adonian was extremely helpful and accomodating when I ordered my catcher. Search old posts and you will see that he is very helpful and extends help where needed to repair damaged catchers (sometimes those trees jump out at them!!). You won't find better customer service.

Excellent product. Built tough. Packs grass or leaves in tight. The unit itself is not heavy and is well balanced through the use of big useful handles. The door pops off quickly, or hangs there and swings when you dump the catcher.

There were no modifications or brackets to add to my 60" Lazers to use the Accelerator. A pin on the Accelerator slips into an exiting hole on my deck. The unit is then lowered and allowed to hook onto the side of the deck. It is on and off in a second. The discharge chute on my Lazers simply flip back when the Accelerator is on. There is no need to remove the chute.

I purchased the "jumbo" catcher and highly recommend it. I use it primarily for leaves and debris pickup. There is an extension for the catcher that makes it even bigger. The jumbo works just fine for me.

With the Accelerator on, the Lazer does an awesome job of picking the lawn clean.

If you are doing leaves I highly recommend the dust cover kit for the catcher. The catcher is extremely well ventilated. I applied the top dust cover and the inside dust cover to keep the dry leaf dust away from me and the machine.

What more can I say - excellent product.

deej

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We own an accelerator. Great product. Holds up well. Matt was going up a hill in the truck, he looked back in the mirror and noticed something wasn't right in the bed. The accelerator was missing. He circled back around, here the tailgate dropped by accident, out went the accelerator. Hit the pavement but it's perfectly fine. No complaints here, money well spent.

5. Cooper725

Cooper725 LawnSite Member

Thxs people, good info, sounds like I know what I am going to buy this winter lol

6. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Got mine in Oct. after talking to Peter at the Expo. It's a great product and would never go back to grass gobbler.

7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one on my Ferris, great catcher, but if I had a ZTR (which I will next week) I would rather get some type of collection system so it has more capacity.

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I love mine!!!

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive only heard good things about them and wish i had heard all of it before i got my grass gobbler. I sure don't like that, its really heavy empty let alone full of grass. I would go with accelerator

10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't it a bit late in the year to buy something for leaf season?