1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steeley, May 31, 2004.

1. Steeley

Steeley LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Does anyone have a Accelerator bagging system, wondering how they work in wet conditions??
  2. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

all depends on how high the grass is but its gunna clog if its soaked as will any bagger in a rain storm because the grass sticks to the walls and doesnt allow ample air flow , i have the same problems with my 5.5 hp honda trac vac as i do with an accelerator when you get stuck in wet conditions , i usually go over the lawn cuttting as i usually would then with the deck raised and the vac full blast suck up and it does beautiful work and does pick up the full amount that it would on the first pass
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Well said! I like my accelerator.
  4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never used an accelerator catcher, but the Grass Gobbler catcher that I have for my 48" Bob-Cat mower (which I love) has never given me any trouble.
  5. S&H Lawn Care Inc

S&H Lawn Care Inc LawnSite Member
    from va

I agree with them, I like mine also.
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The only problem w/Accelerators is Dust w/leaves...you need the cloth cover....otherwise they pack better & easier on off than cloth baggers & Much Lighter than Gobblers!

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

When it's soaking sopping wet out, and we are forced to cut, we cut first without the accelerator, then do a quick once over with the accelerator on, and it will pick up the grass without clogging.
    As with anything, it's all about expectations and what yours are. We though are pleased with our accelerator.
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Can you put an accelerator on with a masterchute device installed also. Most lawn I have I want to discharge and get a Masterchute device, than on the other hand, I have have a few lawns I want to be able to collect grass with the same more. Of course I do not plan on using the Masterchute while the bagging unit is installed. I would just leave it in the open position.

Is this possible?

9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the masterchute, but the accelerator will go on and off with a director installed.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I know you cant use that combo with out taking the master off on a Ultracut deck.