Accelorator Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Used my new Accelorator bagger today on my 36" Dane. Made some quick work of some lawns that I usually put my 21" Deeres on.

Mounting the unit was not as cut and dry as the instructions said. Had to drill the hole a little higher than instructed and did a little grinding on the bagger to make it fit correctly, after that it was fine.

There are pros and cons of the uniot though.

Pros:
    Very functional and served the purpose in which one buys it for.

Cons:
    Too expensive and very dusty. I do believe the holes in the unit could be smaller in order to hold down on the dust. I was absolutely cover in dust by the time i finished 3 stripes across the lawn. They sell additional dust covers for the unit but they should come as no charge since the unit costs $335.00 to begin with.

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I mounted mine on a 36" Great Dane myself. They make it look so simple LOL. I ended up welding a nut instead of on top of where to drill the hole. Did some grinding, hacking etc... Works like a charm 3 hours later, your right can get kinda dusty but nice and light-weight.

3. Blades of Steel

Your right, gettin to fit is not as black and white as they say. I worked about 2 hours on mine. Drilled 2 seperate holes, the first was bull&%^*!!!!! They after fighting with it, looked at it and drilled a second. A little grinding later and it was golden. I am going to call them in the morning and price the dust covers. I'll keep you posted on the price... If you don't already know.

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

blades of steel,i have an accelerator xl for my exmark which went right on perfectly when i purchased it. dust covers are offered for the accelerator through your dealer, although he may not know it . i had to convince my dealer that they were offered through accelerator. he looked through some sort of catalog that he had and said "you know, your right". accelerators website makes no mention of them. if you go to their forum on this site a guy named peter will be more than happy to fill you in on them.

5. Blades of Steel

Locutus,

Do you have the dust covers? Do they work?

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

blades of steel, i do not have the dust covers yet. they are on order . i am supposed to check on them this week. they look like they are going to work pretty descent because they come in individual screw on panels and you can decide to put them over every aluminum mesh section or leave one or two off for better air flow. peter a. at accelerators forum should be able to post some pics

7. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

Guys, sorry about the trouble mounting units on the Dane. Most of these are mounted by dealers who have done it a few times. Getting the hole placement right is not always easy especially when you are doing it for the first time. I suggest placing the catcher against the mower and eyeballing it first. If anyone needs help, I am always available by e-mail or phone. I have to admit that doing the Dane fitups has been a bit of a challenge. There is no pre drilled hole for the pin, as there is on the exmark, for example, and the deck has a curve that starts at the back of the inlet. We have done our best with them, but if you guys have any suggestions let me know. We do small improvements in the catcher design about every 6 months. Most of the ideas come from our customers. We add models all the time too. In fact, the new Dane chariot 52 and 61 have an entirely new outlet this year, so we had to come up with a special bracket for them.
    As for dust, the holes would have to be much,much smaller to make any difference, since dust particles are only microns across. The trade off is that the amount of air flowing through the catcher is a lot more than you can get with a cloth unit, giving you a better fill and a better cut. The dust covers can be be put on in dry conditions when you donÕt need as much airflow through the catcher.
    I know that our catchers are higher in price than steel or cloth ones, but aluminum is expensive to buy and expensive to work with. Try pricing degreased, perforated .063 aluminum sometime! Even though it is expensive, I think it is the best material for a grass catcher. After all, grass is 70-80 percent water even when it is dry and it is an object you are lifting all the time.

Peter Andonian
    Accelerator Industries

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I like mine has worked great for me this season. GD is just a difficult mower to mount on.