Accelorator/grass gobbler catchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Sep 20, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

How do these go about mounting to the mower? Does it put a lot of extra force on the mower where its mounted causing welds to break or crack? How do you dump them do you have to take them off the machine or not?

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Grass Gobbler catcher for my Bob-Cat ( which I love!!!!) and it works great!!!!!! It doesen't put much stress on the deck, never enough to cause it to crack. Bob-Cat WB mowers have the mounting part built onto the deck it is very easy to do, and the entire catcher comes off the deck. To empty the catcher, you take it off the deck then flip up the latch, then dump it. My Grass Gobbler is very durable, it packs the grass in very well and it works great!!!!!

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I have an Accelerator XL catcher and it requires no mounting brackets. It is very light, strong , dumps easily and as I've said before, packs the grass in like Charmin in a training bra. I simply cannot think of anything negative about this product. The rear door of the catcher removes in less than three seconds for dumping.

4. lawnmowermannh

lawnmowermannh LawnSite Member

I also have the accellorator. It works awsome, had it now for six years and it still looks new for being used every day.

5. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

i have the grass gobbler been useing them for years on my scags never any problems. they only word of advise don't leave them on the mowers when you are not using the machine. with a little grass or empty. the mounting pegs will bend and eventually the catcher will scrape on the grass and it is no good. you can snap them off and weld them back but it is not the same.
    well ok one problem but i should have known better. ;)

6. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the Grass Gobbler and the Accelerator grass catchers. The Grass Gobbler came with the mower and a mounting bracket was attached to use the Grass Gobbler. The Grass Gobbler is heavy and when packed with grass clippings, it is a lot heavier. The Accelerator is less in weight and did not need a bracket for mounting. I find the Accelerator to be alot easier to use than the Grass Gobbler. Also, the Accelerator is made out of aluminum which will not rust, plus you can get the Leaf Extender for greater capacity than the Grass Gobbler. The Accelerator work for me. :D

Do a search and you will find information on these two grass catchers.

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an eccelerator and it is just great. Very light even with grass in it. Emptys in seconds.