Accepting cc, is it worth it???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I did a search and I didn't find what I was looking for. The question that I have is for those who accpet cc what % of your biz does it account for. Did you notice an increase in your gross sales when you started accpeting, and if so by how much? Thanks...

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I'm going for it this year I think it makes you look more professional and its a lot easier for ppl to put things on credit cards then write a check. The Better Business Bureau offered to set it up for me. Going to make all my advertising funnel people to my web page (once I make the web page) *Headache.

3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My business does not accept credit cards - it requires them. Now, gross sales did not shoot up as a result of this but my gross collection headaches were way down.

4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

That is a definite bonus.

5. Lawnworks of Hop.  LLC

Lawnworks of Hop. LLC LawnSite Member

I offer credit cards but do not advertise them. A couple of my largest accounts only pay by card.

The reason I do not advertise them is actually twofold. One, at least for me, there is a 2.5% fee on every purchase and two, each sale runs thru my business account, thus taxed.

6. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 LawnSite Member

We do not accept cc but we are going to toss the idea around. I'm also going to look at the PayPal route...

7. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

All my new accounts are CC only .
    Auto payments each month .
    The money magical appears in my account on the 7th of each month .

It is now mandatory .

No more invoices

8. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We accept credit cards and use paypal also. It accounts for about 8% of our payments. We are trying to encourage more customers do use them though.
    The ones that use them are charged on the day of the last service for each month and emailed a invoice marked paid.

9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I just adjusted, printed, folded 48 invoices for snow customers. Then I printed out 48 return envelopes and inserted them. Now I have to deliver them, then I got to wait... go to the post box at least 5 times and keep track of who paid, process the cheques, deposit the cheques and remind late payers to pay and ultimately go and pick up a few checks because they can't seem to mail them.

February is billed tomorrow for snow then march and then thats it. NO more cheques from monthly clients in either snow or lawns. I'll take post dated cheques though,... I suppose.

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

So what account does the money run through normally....