1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accepting Credit Cards Online.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by dsmrolla06, Feb 27, 2006.

1. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I want clients to be able to sign up for service on line with their credit cards. I am currently using Ultimate Form Mailer for my contact page. Would i be able to use that also for my contact page? What all do i need to do to accept credit cards?
  2. ESprinklers

ESprinklers LawnSite Member

A form mailer is not going to work to accept credit cards. Look into shopping cart software. You need the shopping cart software to interact with the merchant account.

As far as accepting credit cards goes, take a look at Charge.com. They are re-salers of LinkPoint and have a very simple credit application. Once completed, you will be able to accept credit cards manually through their online LinkPointCentral.com website while you are working on getting your website to function with a shopping cart.
  3. dg0123

dg0123 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I have been using PayPal for my credit card paying folks. They goto my site click a button and pay. I have not ran into anyone thus far that doe's not have an account with them or atleast know about them. Just a thought, maybe this will help. Good luck.
  4. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

how much are you paying for the paypal function for payment on your website
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

ya, not many people around here take credit cards unless it goes through Paypal:waving:
  6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't the customer have to have a PayPal account? And isn't there a fee involved with that?
  7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think it's very small though. most people have a paypal account because so many people get on ebay now. Thats the preferred method of paying.
  8. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

The bad part about PayPal is the customer is using their checking account, not the convenience of their credit card. I use Card Service International online processing to accept Visa & MasterCard.
  9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

If you have a merchant account with Paypal then the customer does not need an account with them. Paypal offers a couple different levels of service.
    Yes there is a fee, but it is minimal. Also, there is no monthly fee unless you upgrade the service. It is an entry level way of accepting online bill pay, credit cards etc. We do not use it yet, but have been considering it.
  10. Partsangel

Partsangel LawnSite Member

Chase, Verisign, Network Solutions all have CC terminals that you can incorparate into your web site. I think people/customers will take your web site more seriouly if you have a way to purchase Online instead of e-mails etc...

Mike AKA Partsangel