1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accepting Credit cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gman2310, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Thinking about accepting credit cards this year. Has anyone used the nextel credit card services
  2. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

Check out paypal. They can accept credit cards for you.
  3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

No..... I use quickbooks.....seem to be the best rates
  4. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

I use Quickbooks, so do most of my customers
  5. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

GMAN I don't know if cape savings bank is up your way but they have a pretty resonable merchant service setup. I had mine set up last month it cost about $350 for setup and machine with a printer. It runs almost 3% because we dont usually have the card to swipe we just manually enter the number. We are very satisfied sofar and even had a customer call at 10 pm to prepay their bill for the season.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I do admit that Quickbooks does have some nice rates. Even though I use Gopher, I sitll process credit card payments through QB
  7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

if you have a Sam's Club, they offer very reasonable merchant services. i'd assume Costco would as well.
  8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw their info, but it only shows the rate for the swiped cards...whats the rate for the keyed? For Sams Club?
  9. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have a merchant account through Costco. It is 2.02% + .27 cents per transaction. Only drawback is that you must process enough cards to have $20 or more in fees every month, or they take the difference out to make $20. If you have enough volume, the rates are excellent. If you dont have enough volume, I would go with PayPal until you see the need to switch over to a real merchant account.

10. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks is the same way, and you have to pay the 18 dollar monthly fee. Just to have it! Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of scenario for me as I do mostly landscaping.