1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accepting Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfguy33, Apr 7, 2001.

1. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of you are accepting cards as payment.
    I am thinking about this, since I can keep card numbers on file and not worrying about payment. There was even an option that I can have x amount of money deposited every week automatically, which cuts paperwork in half. Just a thought.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Don't businesses that accept credit cards, pay a small percentage fee on each transaction? This could add up.
  3. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Yea, It's 25 cents per transaction, and a 2.33% deduction on all transactions, so $2.33 per $100. It does add up, but look at the time saved in the office, more time on lawnsite, less time on QuickBooks
  4. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

I guess it would depend on how many clients would actually use it....If you had a bunch of customers that did not pay that well it would def. help that aspect (everybody loves to use plastic plus no need to worry about rubber checks!!!

Def. something to think about!!!

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think it would depend upon your customer base.
    Commercial or two income families might be more inclined to pay by credit card.

But if your dealing mostly with elderly clients, I don't see them whipping out the card to pay.