Accepting Credit Cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MidwestLawnCare, Nov 9, 2007.

1. MidwestLawnCare

MidwestLawnCare LawnSite Member

I've noticed several businesses having the option of paying through credit cards. I can understand how this would be more of a convience for both the customer and business.

How exactly would someone go about providing Credit Card as a payment option?

Certain software etc that bills the CC Company etc?

I'm sure it would be possible to offer a payment option on contracts were it automatically withdraws the amount due every month etc.

Could anyone clarify this a little further?

Thanks for your time.

2. MidwestLawnCare

MidwestLawnCare LawnSite Member

3. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

We use linkpointcentral.com. There's no terminal, we just enter our customer's information and it's all done over the internet. It's mainly used for our customers with big ticket purchases (new equipment, remodels, re-plasters, etc)

4. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

BTW, linkpointcentral is just the website to make the transaction. our credit card company is CardService international.

5. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

We accept cc through paypal, we pay a small fee and we have not had any problems

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'd check with your bank first, they should offer credit card processing. Accepting CCs does amazing great things to your cash flow. I bill about 40% of our monthly maintenance thru CC's...the money's in the bank the next afternoon. Can't beat it.

7. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

i got tired of paying all the fees and monthly minimums. I now take through paypal with no problems. I just send them an email with a link that already has the ammount put in, all they do is put in there cc information and its done.

8. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoolie , Who do you use and what percent does it cost you in the end ? I am going to do this next year , to many people with long outstanding invoices.

9. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

im looking at paypal before I sign up with quickbooks. The first question I have is wouldn't it be an issue emailing customers and invoice. I mean you then have to wait for them to recieve it, then pay it rather than having a card on file and running it through a merchant account.

10. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

We accept credit cards and it's such a great option. We use Quickbooks along with their Merchant Services and Billing Solutions all three together make everything extremly easy to use...for both you and the customer..

So many different options you can set up reoccuring monthly fees for maintenance type work - allow customers to pay the bills on line, enter the credit card info yourself - email invoices, etc...

I'd highly recommend this to anyone who is considering credit cards.