1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accepting Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike's Lawn & Snow, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how many of you guys accept credit cards and if you have had success in accepting them or if it is just a hassle. I was quoted 2.19 percent on transactions without the card present is that a good rate? Also have any of you guys who are accepting credit cards noticed a increase in clients because its easier for them to just get it charged once a month?
  2. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Considered it, seems like a hassle - had several customers ask if we accept cards but never had 1 leave cuz we didnt.
  3. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about offering it to try to get the late payers to pay by credit. Where did you go to get the quote? I think it will allow people to get more projects done when they know they can charge everything.
  4. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

It's been great! Started accepting Mastercard/Visa Last year and have increased business. I have the Nurit 8000 Wireless Terminal that operates on the CINGULAR network. It was a big step for us, but a rewarding one! Good Luck
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

we only have about 10-15 that use it. It is nice to have though. Some poeple have used it for one time cleanups and things also. That rate is about right.
  6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Dont use it, although i get hasseled all the time from CC Co's wanting me to get hooked up with it.

Anyone know what percentage they take off the top? or what they charge>?

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

8. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

:Well i finalized all the paperwork I am now set up to accept credit cards. I hope tihs works the way I want it too. My rate is 2.19 percent with a minimum of 25.00 in transaction fees per month plus 9.95 24/7 tech support. I'm using a program right on the internet I just have to log on punch in the numbers and the money is in my checking account within 24/48 hours. Hopefully this works :clapping:
  9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you are using an internet based one instead of a style where you swipe through the machine and it goes out over phone line, understand that you are liable to be checked for security fairly frequently.

10. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I am accepting credit cards this year also. I chose to go with whoever Quickbooks uses. I don't even remember what they charge.