Accepting credit cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by brichter14, May 21, 2012.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

I use the Square app as well. I ask customers up front if they will be paying cash, check, or card and figure my pricing accordingly.

2. arninglawns

arninglawns LawnSite Member

Just factor it in to your price. People hate being nickel and dimed.

We use Quickbooks Billing Solutions. You just email them an invoice once a month, and they can pay online at their convenience. Quickbooks sends you an email when they pay, and automatically records the transaction for you and deposits it in your bank the next day or two. Saves a ton of time, and no trips to the bank. 90% of our customers pay online or have a CC on file that we charge once a month.

Once you consider the time saved and subtract the cost of envelopes/stamps/trips to the post office/bank, you'll find it is well worth the fees.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Even if they want a paper bill, QB will mail it with a return envelope, a submision stub for all of 79 cents.

You do have the flat monthly fee plus you have to have a minimum amount of CC charges or cover the minimum.

It does get a little pricey but not too bad and pretty easy once you learn to follow the flow chart.

4. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

Doohboy24 it emails the receipt to the client. I wrote a blog post quite a while ago about it, since then paypal has also introduced their own scanner too http://blog.servicevines.com/?p=166

5. Doohboy24

Doohboy24 LawnSite Member

I appreciate the blog site. Might be something I look further into. All my accounts now however seem to be fine with paying cash or a check.

6. SSmith

SSmith Banned

They'd probably be "finer" paying with plastic, though. Almost everyone is. Just ask 'em.