Accepting credit cards.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mjstef, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Who is accepting Credit Cards on there mobile phones?? Who are you using for provider and what is the fees involved? I am having a lot of customers ask lately. We do a lot of spring cleanups on lawns where the owner mows it themselves but don't have equipment for Aeration, leaf cleanup, thatching Ect.

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use squareup, the fees are like 2.5%. they send you a free reader as well.

3. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

I use pay now, free reader as well low rates

4. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

PayPal also has something along the lines of the square. For you guys using these, does it make your tax records any easier at the end of the year?

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I use SquareUp. 2.75% if swiped with the card, and I think 3.75% if numbers typed in manually, plus a small transaction fee if typed in (like 15 cents or so). Paypal has one, I think QuickBooks has their own, and now even my bank has their own but their fees are higher.

6. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I just started using quick books. I have incorporated it into my business with my ipad for estimates so I can send the email to customer onsite personally with them right there. Puts me on a more personal level with my customers I feel. I'm going to check into the quick books square and see if it benefits to use it versus the others because I have the account already with them.

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I was ready to sign up with Square, but after learning that Paypal offers pretty much the same thing, I'm looking into that instead.

Seems a lot of people already have Paypal accounts. If they can use something they already have and are familiar with, it sounds like a no-brainer.

I'm really only interested in offering it as a payment option for one-time jobs like spring cleanups, or maybe when I get a call from a property owner that lives out of state.

8. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks with free reader swipe rate of 1.62. Best I could find.

9. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Damn, those are high rates!

10. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY