1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Accepting credit cards.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mjstef, Mar 23, 2013.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Not really,no other fees,don't use it no fee. 90 cents on a 30.00 lawn money next day,Stamp and invoices cost more.

2. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

For a $30 charge .90 fee isn't that bad.

But most of my residential customers pay at the end of the month.
    On a $200 bill 3.7% comes out to $7.40 fees.

Take beacon payments fee of 2.08% plus $0.10 for credit cards and 0.55% plus $0.25 on a debit card the fees go waaaaay down.
    Especially if the customer pays with a debit card. It'd be $1.35 on a debit card.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Most use cc for the points,any on debit cards?

4. BPS##

from WY

Most of the ones I've had... no.

I had one local bank that would give a very small percent back on my check card.

5. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Flint is out of closed beta now and available for iPhone/iPad. No dongles as it uses the camera and character recognition. Fees are inline with the others.

https://www.flint.com/

7. GreenCanvas

GreenCanvas LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Don't you have to pay a fee to use the Quickbooks credit card service? Is it worth it?

8. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Most are advertising their rates but NOT the total rate. They add their rates on top of the interchange rate. For example, QB advertises 1.69% but it really is 2.84% as Visa interchange rate is 1.15% This is pretty sneaky.......

9. BPS##

from WY

It should be illegal but as I understand it that industry is highly unregulated.

10. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I have the card reader from paypal. As I understand they're all pretty similar, though.

If you're wanting to swipe someones card for a one time cut or something of that sort I'd charge a few dollar fee. For big landscaping jobs I wouldn't, though.