Accepting credit cards.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mjstef, Mar 23, 2013.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never used Paypal in any form - ever - for anything. When buying, or selling odds and ends online, I am constantly asked if I accept Paypal (again, not lawn care related), or that I can pay with it if I have it. (I don't)

Since you have Paypal Here, I figured I'd ask...

Let's say I sign up for the Paypal Here card reader.
    I do a quote for an out of town owner of a rental property for a cleanup.
    He agrees to the price and is willing to pay up front.

Can he pay via his regular Paypal account, or would I still need to get a credit card number from him and enter that manually?

2. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

You can invoice him through PP. I do it quite often....

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I switched from Square to Paypal for that reason. Just to tidy up the number of apps I'm dealing with. Plus PP is far more recognized by the public and that instills trust. My customers like the fact they can use the card of THEIR choice and get the rewards, points, miles or cash back that goes with it. Small fee to use. I DO eat the fee up front as a cost of doing business and its a deductible expense.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Since I have no idea how Paypal or Paypal Here works, I'm not really sure if you answered my question, or just made a statement.

;)

5. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

6. rootytalbot

rootytalbot LawnSite Senior Member

I know nothing of this phone swiping, but have a question - how do you deal with a client that asks for a reciept?

7. Patriot Services

Nope, but they don't look like a bad option. I just love Paypal. Everybody has heard of them. Plus I just recently had an incident with fraud to the tune of almost 8 grand. They had the money back in my account in less than 48 hours. That's customer service in my book.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Email or I print and mail. Each truck has a invoice book in the clipboard. No biggie.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Email.....

10. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Yup.

Email right from the spot. If its good enough for the government it should be good enough for every one else, right? lol