Accepting New Bids/Proposals for Community HOA Ground Maintenance

Discussion in 'Employment' started by csmlawn, Sep 26, 2009.

1. csmlawn

csmlawn LawnSite Member

I am a Director for the Spring Fields II Home Owner's Association in Crownsville, MD and we are looking for bids/proposals for our HOA common area ground maintenance. This will include biweekly cuts, edging of mulch beds, fertilizer/weed applications, mulching, spring/summer annual plantings, and aerating and over seeding.

If you are interesting in meeting and providing a quote, please contact me at csmpez@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Scott

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

bi weekly, that is a joke. no real lawn care would ever agree to that for obvious reasons

3. csmlawn

csmlawn LawnSite Member

Not really. Many lawn care company's in our area have commercial accounts that are only cut biweekly.

4. michaelee2

michaelee2 LawnSite Member

I would not mow biweekly because the way the rain has been this year it has been a pita just trying to keep them cut every 7 days.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's a little out of your area anyway!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

6. bonefisher101

bonefisher101 LawnSite Member

You wouldn't be in business very long down this way! 90 % of my business is on bi-weekly! Things are very tight on bi-weekly here! Plus you have to fight them on that also..... I do have a few customers that love there yard though and do once a week or every 10 days!

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, sucks to b e you guys. a lawn here would be a foot tall or better if you waited that long.

8. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I don't understand this either. Obviously they like the lawn well maintained. I.e. fert, aerateing, overseeding. So why cut bi weekly? If it's to save money I'd personally cut some of those extras out of the contract and increase the mowing frequency.

9. csmlawn

csmlawn LawnSite Member

Our common area only requires biweekly cuts. Weekly cuts are overkill for the amount of rain we receive during the spring/summer months here. However, we want to keep it well fertilized and weed managed. Also, we want to get aerating, over seeding and mulching as well. Should be a decent contract for someone interested... I'm sure the business to pick up an HOA would be nice given the economy.

10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I would bid on a HOA as we are trying to grow but on a certain number of cuts per season rather than every 2 weeks. 25 cuts is a reasonable number of cuts per season in Catonsville where I currently cut. For example , July of this year I billed 2 cuts on average for the month. In your quest to find a good lawn service at a lower cost you might consider a service that would offer this flexibility. should you need more than 25 cuts that would have to be authorized beyond the contract however. You might consider a 10 day cut but that is harder to schedule and would cost slightly more per cut ...2 week NO way for tall fescue aerated and fertilized turf.