Accepting Payments Online

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Durabird02, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Durabird02

Durabird02 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Do any of you accept online payments and if you do, how do you do it? Trying to get ideas, thanks.

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

We do via paypal on our website. Doesn't cost anything until they pay, then they take a small %. Comes immediately, transfers to the bank within 2 days or so.

3. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the percentage? Can you post your website so I can see how the paypal is set up?

4. Lefet

Not sure off the top of my head what the % is I can go check if you want. If you check their website, just check out the free one. You can check ours out here.

5. Lefet

6. Lefet

It's really not bad. It's there, you don't have to pay for it unless someone uses it.

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

When clients use it whats Paypals policy for disputes like? Have you had any issues?

8. Lefet

Haven't had any issues, and really don't expect to. They get their bill, they know what they're paying for before they pay for it. Shouldn't be any issues.

9. OH YEAH! When there's a dispute Paypal's policy is...You loose!
    My issue was when my Nephew used my account to sell something overseas. He shipped the items, the recipiant "disputed" having recieved the items, Paypal froze the payment and it's been frozen for 3 years. $1,000 of MY money.

My payments online are now done thru my bank, directly to my account with no fees. It's instantaneous, and it's free. Check with your bank to see if they have a program that'll suit you.

10. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

It is just like everything else. Use quickbooks.