Accepting paypal

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by freshfitz, Mar 26, 2007.

1. freshfitz

freshfitz LawnSite Member

I setup one of my customers to accept paypal via their website does anyone else use paypal over the website for payment

http://www.mkbpropertymaint.com

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Paypal is a really horrible merchant gateway for accepting credit card payments. Not only do that take a large scoop, they aren't really a true gateway, nor are they a true bank. The worst part is that they can (and will) freeze any assets in their account at any time, and trying to work with them is very difficult.

That said, Authorize.Net is a true merchant gateway, and transactions ran through them go straight into your bank account. They can be integrated into a website, or you can have a terminal unit in your office, or even a portable one to take in your truck.

Recently I was contracted to integrate Authorize.net into an existing business's web page (as well as build a complete shopping portal, but thats another story). I had never dealt with them before, and it was very easy to do and fairly pain free (Coming from a professional that is :D ).

Anyways, what all this boils down to is that real business should use real credit card merchant gateways...

3. Dirty Water

By the way, why are you still scripting in ASP classic?

4. freshfitz

yeah i usually use payflow pro and i tried to set them up with that but they said paypal gave them the best "rates" and they wanted me to use paypal. What script is in asp classic?

5. Dirty Water

Your shopping cart on your vortexskate page.

By the way, your use of "stock art" for business people and server rooms is amusing on your page. If you want to look like a real company, you should be one, don't pretend.

6. freshfitz

You don't like the pic of my data center. I think it's pretty

7. Dirty Water

For a stock photo :)