Access to other forums.........

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by dvmcmrhp52, Jul 5, 2005.

1. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sean,
    Don't know if it's possible but any chance of a cross referencing of screenames and passwords from one site to another without having to re register (or register) at each?

Going from Lawnsite to plowsite.......
    Going from Lawnsite to powerwashing site.......
    Going from Lawnsite to weldingweb..........

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lawnsite is probably the catalyst for the other sites............Maybe it would help get more action at the others if registration was referenced to an existing screename here without registering at the others.......Make any sense?

I do realize some reasons for not doing it, however being as lazy as I am I had to think a moment about wether or not I felt like signing up on powerwashingsite.com............. :help:
    :waving:

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Read your post. Went to PWS registered and I'm back in less than 2 minutes. Yes you lazy. LOL :)

3. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

O.K. I already admitted that....................... :waving:

But other than that.............I typically DON'T "browse" the site, I most often hit the "new posts" link when coming to Lawnsite. When I went to powerwashingsite.com after seeing a new post I had no Idea it was a seperate site rather than just another additional forum here at lawnsite..........................Didn't feel like registering at that moment...............

Got it?????????????? :help:
    Time IS payup
    :waving:

4. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I was just teasing you and besides you spent more time posting this thread than it takes to sign up so quit your Bitchin. LOL
    Actually your Idea of signing up once and getting access to all Sean sites isn't too bad. But it would kinda mislead the advertisers about the member ship numbers at each site.

5. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

That was one of the reasons for not doing it that I had thought about...............
    BUT, in this age of technology....................
    But anyway...................

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I can check with Pierre and see if it is possible...but like Randy said we can't show a new site with 20 posts made and it have thousands of members...maybe something where if you go over to a new site their is an option "Already A Site Member" or something like that and then the info is automatically transferred over...don't knowif it can be done but I will surely check

7. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

I agree with your thoughts on the numbers, but also had the thoughts along the transfer of info to the new site..........it may add traffic to the new sites and benefit everyone.............just a thought.