Accidents

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, May 20, 2001.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Is it me or has there been a ton of accidents around members of Lawnsite these past few weeks?

Like COS said in an earlier post, this is a reminder that it can and DOES happen to people just like you!!

Be Safe Guys!

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm still in one piece thank God........be careful and pay attention to what your doing. Getting complacent equals getting hurt. Know the limits of your equipment and the size of your gonads. Some think that if you got the big gonads the mower will follow.............not always the case!:angel:

3. Guido

You hit the nail on the head! Couldn't have said it better.

Guys, keep your "gonads" in check!

4. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

help me
    On 5/15/01 while doing shrub work I fell off my 8 ft ladder onto the ground causing a compressed fractor to my back, I have been in the hospital for 4 days and now I have to wear a back brace for 8 weeks with no work...my question is this since my insurance only covers if someone else gets hurt or I destroy something my insurance will cover it.well I can not work for 8 weeks and I will probally lose all of my 43 customers and my bills will go unpaid so I will lose all my equipment and my truck..can I sue the client who pays me for the job.his insurance that covers his home or shall I file bankrupt and lose it all..thank god lawn care was only part time..I do work full time with the state as a correctional officer,and I have to take 8 weeks of sick leave because of this accident,from my full time job.Hell I would hate to lose it all from this accident can anyone help me out ..thanks

5. Guido

First off sorry about the accident. Hope you get better soon!
    Look at the positive side (not trying to be funny at all, and I know the positive side is hard to see right now) but you will have a lot of research time to learn more about the business or any hobbies or intrests you have.

Second, I can't tell you much about the legal issues, maybe someone else can help or you may want to talk to your lawyer.

Third, and more importantly:
    You should be able to make a few phone calls to some REPUTABLE LCO's in your area and work a deal where they can cover your accounts while your "down" and you keep up the administrative side of things so they don't have to worry about billing and dealing with the customers. They would probobly be happy with 75-85% of the $ you pull in from these accounts since you will be taking care of the office side of the biz.

Good Luck man, and hope you can get back on your feet soon!

6. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: hey thanks for the input because right now I feel sooo depressed Iam gona lose all my clients and probally all of my equipment.I have already called alot of my clients and they will wait it out until I can get back into the groove 8 weeks from now man this is a long time but hey atleast I am able to get around walking etc...

7. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

It just goes to show you how often we take good health for granted, good luck ron. Call some of your friends, maybe they can take some sick days off from their jobs and cover for you.