1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jul 24, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Will this work for the entire season spring thru fall?
  2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the rate. As crabs get bigger you'll need to get upwards of 1+oz/M to keep getting predictable kills. Hence soil moisture & grass types become more critical. Droughty bentgrass/fine fescue lawns are always dicey where Acclaim is concerned.
  3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

i personally have never had a failure with acclaim, at any growth stage,
    and find it a much more effective kill on crabgrass than drive.

i just wish it were easier to handle, mix, measure, pour etc...
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

i had good luck with Acclaim. Although i did injure some grass in a few spots where i hit it heavy. Be sure to use plenty of surfactant or crop oil, Its a cheap way to increase the effectiveness.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever compare your'e cost per thousand between drive and acclaim? the only reason I ask is acclaim usually isn't very cost effective as a cleanup application over drive.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is when you don't have to go back and repeat again after some of the cg reached the 4th and 5th tiller stages. :weightlifter:

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

I do use and like acclaim, but drive applied correctly at the right time has always worked excellent for me. Certain stickers don't work very well with drive, that could be part of the problem.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, speaking of which,...where's the best place to purchase methylated seed oil?
  9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I've had better luck with Drive than Aclaim at all tiller stages. Aclaim always works good for me on young (up to 2 tiller) cg but I've never used a sticker with either.
  10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I had trouble finding methyated seed oil--dealer convinced me to use crop oil concentrate, with Drive. I think it is on the label now. Along with other surfactants. It coats the leaves nicely. Very cheap compared to Drive itself.