Account over due!!!! When is it time to close???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dbroken64, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

How long do you let a account go unpaid before you cancel it??? I have a account that I just started having the last of the summer. The guys grass was way long over due to cut when I first cut it an he was happy and paid me on time. But since then I have cut it 3 more times with no payment.
    I have tried to collect but it always" next friday" or "waiting on a check". When do you say enough is enough. A newbie very frustrated.:nono: :realmad:

2. willider

willider LawnSite Member

Same type of thing happened to me last year. I stopped after 2 times and never got paid! Found out the guy was mowing himself with a 22 in. push mower! I wanted to go back and fertilize the heck out of his yard just to see him mow that thick grass....but, I didn't.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

So tell him you'll be back the next day and so he has time to go to the ATM and get you some cash. Remember you time is not free. If he is susposed to pay you after every cut then I would stop cutting. I bill once a month, so I usually have about 8 cuts under my belt before I make my phone calls.

4. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I got a feeling that is what is going to happen to me. I think I am fixing to give him the boot and look for better customers.:walking:

5. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

this is why i never do payment by the cut, pre-pay every month ftw!!