1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accounting Software For Your Business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Sean Adams, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

We have several software sonsors here at LawnSite.com. Be sure to check them out today to see if they offer what you need. If you are starting a company, now is the time to integrate software into your operation. If you are growing your company you know that time is limited and you need all the help you can get, which is where good software comes in.

CLIP - www.clip.com
    Gopher - www.gophersoftware.com
    GroundsKeeper Pro - www.adkad.com

Business management software at its best!
  2. Adam Starr

Adam Starr LawnSite Member

I am looking for a program that i can make notes about customers properties weekly, that i can run on a PDA. Right now we carry the old pen and paper but there has to be a better way. The PDA's do not have a lot of memory so it would great if you down load the notes when you get back to the office into a desk top. Are there any programs like that out there. Any help would be great.

Adam Starr
  3. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

CLIP - www.clip.com

They have some programs with PDA interface.
  4. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I am a little confused.

I am looking at quickbooks and clip. They both appear to be either related or at least compatable.

Does clip do everything that quickbooks does except that it is geared to landscape work? Or is it used in conjunction with QB and therefore to get the advantages of QB you have to buy that in addition to Clip?

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have a question about the LCO software . What software needs to be in your PC first. example- Microsoft Basic Office? Microsoft Works suite? Or what?
    I ordered a dell tonight(have been using mac) and I really don't know if I chose the right productivity software. I chose the works suite.But I can change it before confirmation.
  6. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the software is designed to work with Office.
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi philk17088,

What did you want to do with your office/suite software?
  8. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Of the 3 programs which is the bet?.Let's have some input here guys##
  9. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I have only tried Gopher and did not care for it.

We have been using QB and MS Office and are very pleased.

Handles 2000+ accounts with every thing from estimates, routing, reports,billing and collections. I think QB accounting features are Top notch.

My 2 cents.....

10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Nothing wrong with that. Most all aftermarket software is geared at Windows so that is the best route. For those who are running Linux we use programs like Quasar which is free or have to use kwicken which is a program that will make the two systems compatable. Eventaully some company will make a good landscape geared program. The cool thing about Linux is a lot of it is open source so most of the programing work is already done and you can merge two programs or build on to a program without starting from scratch. As for the office suite we use Sun StarOffice 7 or Open Office which is just a lowgrade version of Star. You might see if some of the Linux programs will run on Mac if you plan to keep it as a back up for when you get a virus. Persoanlly I'd keep the Mac attached to the net and keep the Windows machine unconnected from the net that way no matter how many security holes there are you're not vulnerable. jm.02