Accounting software with invoice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by racer56, Apr 4, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

We are wanting to use some software instead of just a paper book for all the books. We had Quick books Pro years ago but it was way too hard for us to figure out. I would like something that will keep track of our customers, generate a bill, keep track of money in and money out and maybe put together a schedule.
    I looked at Bookeeper 2007 but it doesn't look like it is vista ready yet. Just lloking for something simple, I don't need or want anything high doolar as I would use have the stuff it could do most likely.

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

QuickBooks Simple Start will do all you want except scheduling. It's under $100 and it's ridiculously easy to use and works very well. I'm sure Quickbooks Pro is much easier to use now than it was a few years ago.

3. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

I have Quickbooks Pro. It's took a few weeks to get used to all the accounting features, but it's very nice. I think anyone in small business should do themselves a favor and try QuickBooks (any version). It makes the paperwork-side of business incredibly simple and the document outputs (estimates, invoices, etc) look very professional.

BTW, Quickbooks has a support forum, like this lawn care forum, that has all the answers. If you post a question, other QB users will help you. Very good support.

If you need QB help, you can always PM me. I'm not a QB expert, but I can at least get you going and understanding the basic configuration and use.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I've been using Quickbooks Pro since 98 and once you get it up and running its the best out there when you consider all it does.

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Try LawnPro software... Its cheaper than most of the software out there.

6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

quickbooks for accounting and qexpress for the rest at this point I couldn't run my business without it.

7. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

I tried it. Their support absolutely sucks. Based on their crappy support and buggy software, I didn't want to trusted my financial and customer information on dime-store software. I sorry, but I was really disappointed in the product and especially the support.

Here's an example of their support:
    http://www.lawncareforum.com/suggestions-feedback/26-lawnpro-software.html#post38

Hope you have better luck than I did.

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Groundskeeper Pro 6.0 it works well for us. Invoicing, Routing, Estimates, Payroll the whole nine yards.

9. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess thats why its so cheap.. I only listed it because he doesnt want anything high dollar. But I prefer groundskeeper.