Accounting software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KKOPUT, Jan 14, 2003.

1. KKOPUT

KKOPUT LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of a company that prepares the billing and does the collecting of accounts receivable in the lawcare industry? Currently using Quickbooks Pro, but looking for something more industry specific. Any suggestions would be fantastic! :angel:

2. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

groundskeeper pro will help you very much it directed towards lawn care

3. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

4. greensman

greensman LawnSite Member

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you looking for software or an outside company to physically do the work of a bookkeeper?

If software, QXpress is the answer. It will interface with your QB.

6. devina

devina LawnSite Member

Hello, I need a business loan, where should I go? I'm trying to start my own company and I need a business loan to help me a little with the expanses. What companies could possibly grant my request? If my business goes under, would I be responsible for it? And unfortunately my company does go bankrupt would I need to file for bankruptcy and pay all of the company's assets? Please answer me. Thanks a lot.

7. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Banks are not going to be very interested in gambling with a new business. The best thing for start up capitol is to go to friends and family or to use your credit card for a cash advance.

If you operate as a sole proprietorship then you are responsible for any debts of the business. If you incorporate then you can only lose the money you invested. (There are some fine points like you must operate as a true corporation)

It is probably a little much to ask anyone to put up the money with you taking no responsibility if things don't work.

My advice would be to start small within the limits of your capital. Find some used equipment on eBay or Craigs list and build your business over time.

8. TMK

TMK LawnSite Member

Using a credit card is a dangerous game to finance a business startup_usually have higher rates than other types of loans with limited resources. I would ask- How is your credit? Do you have a decent credit score? If your credit score is OK I would approach some banks (I also would go into the bank dressed nicely as sometimes appearances can matter). Do you have any assets your could use for collateral? You need to look into LLC vs Inc & talk to a tax accountant to see which would be best for your needs, in case your venture does not work out. I prefer LLC, it offers some tax benefits vs. Inc & the liability side can be used to protect your current assets should the venture not work out.
    good luck
    tmk

9. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you that credit cards are risky. There are 0% loans available on credit cards that would help someone get started.

To be honest, the post did not hit me well. I need a loan but if things don't go right will I really have to pay the money back? Hummm, It doesn't strike me as someone with the focus, drive and self reliance to be successful in business.

The best thing is save your money for a while. Live on an austerity budget if you have to. Buy some used equipment or if you need expensive stuff like a skid steer, rent it till you get your feet under you.

Once you get it going and are making some profit put a good business plan together and go to the bank if you need to. The better way is to just keep reinvesting your profits in equipment until you have nice equipment and no debt.