Accounting software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AEW, Dec 14, 2004.

1. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I have gone so far without any type of accounting/scheduling software. (Gopher, quickbooks, etc.) I also have never had more than 30 yards thus far, but this coming year am growing, trying to go full time. Should I go ahead and get it and try to get used to using it or wait even longer? Does it save ya'll alot of time? Tons of time? Can you do the same things just using excell? Just trying to get an idea of what works best for most people and any suggestions would help!
  2. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

send me your email address i have an excel file w/some macros you might want to try

also look in to Medlin accounting at
    they have a full working program you can download for free but it puts some remark like nonregistered version across the paper work
    but you can buy each component to it. I use the payroll part it cost $36 the accts recievable is another $36 or something like that

pm me

Earl Shockley
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You could do it with excell or open office but there are some things that would be easier to do with gopher because it imports to quick books and turbo tax it is probably the best value. If I was looking at that sort of stuff for this specific industy it would be the one of choice. If you take an accounting course at a a community college you can sometimes get Peachtree at 1/2 price but I think it's like Sun Microsystems student agreement that you can't use it for business but only for educational purposes. Depending on how big you are it may just be easier to use excell with the macros in it.
  4. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

Let me highly recommend Quickbooks. Being a corporate accounting manager myself and doing several small business on the side, I have found quickbooks to be more than capable of handling anything a small business can need.
  5. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I would also recommend Quickbooks, this is what we use for all of our billing, payrole, and purchasing. This is a great product and most accountents are able to work with it. Helps to sink-up everything money wise in your company.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi AEW,

Thank you for thinking of us. Please consider downloading our fully functional trial and see how it assists your business. Let us know if you have any questions.