Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MartinsMowing, Sep 24, 2006.

1. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

how many accounts can you cut per day 10-15000 sq. ft. with how many guys. you think i could cut 35 a day with 2 guys?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

if you have travelling involved, hopping in the truck for one lawn, driving 3 miles to the next one, having to unload, reload... NO...
    IF you have lawns grouped together in 4's, 5's, and 6's... maybe, but 35 will REALLY be pushing it. i mean that would be a half hour for each lawn for 17 hours, probably not really doable.
  3. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

well i might be overestimating on the square footage but most of them take 25-40 minutes with my 21" by myself...i dont have a comm. edger blower or trimmer either...when i get comm. equipment it should increase efficiency...also ill be getting a quick 36 samurai..and with 2 guys...i was thinkin 15 minutes a lawn
  4. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I think more like 20-25 tops.
  5. tomgolfs44

tomgolfs44 LawnSite Member

Martin's....I have a two man operation daily and 30-35 is not realistic. We have a relatively tight route on Fridays (last 9 on the same block; many other multiple on same street) and get 27 done working 7a-5p. That is with all commercial eqipment (48" scag, 32"Toro mowers). We could probably squeeze another few in if my standards were not so high, or if my stamina was higher. The rest of the week ranges from 20-23, working from 8-@4/5. We could handle 2-3 more on a couple of those days, but would have to add another man to the truck if we had more than one day of rain in a week. Just FYI
  6. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

I currently have a 2- man crew and think that I will have to add for next year. We are doing around 130 properties a week now. How much more productive is a 3-man crew over a 2-man crew. Most properties are on the small side-- 5000 sq. ft.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This whole thread is full of massive fail.