1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikes landscaping, Dec 26, 2006.

1. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

Ok, here's what i was thinking for the 07' season. I think i can handle approximately 20 lawns, of just mowing each week. Right now we're only doing 10. I want to pick up another walk behind, just a 32". I'm going to get rid of the 48" bunton because it is not useful around here anymore. Do you think that its possible to handle 20 accounts on a weekly basis while attending school? Thanks
  2. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Are you able to handle the 10 that you have ok. If you felt this past season that you could have taken on more work, then go for it. Just don't take on more than you can handle and always take rain and unforeseen events into account when creating your schedule. Also, try to keep your route as tight as possible, as this will give you less windshield time and more production time. Can't make money if the blades are not turning. Good luck
  3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Last Year (2006) I was able to do 30+, along with Final Grading, and also shooting videos.

You should be able to handle 20 easily enough.

The variables will depend on schedule, size, location, travel time, weather, speed and width of equipment, etc.

Only you know what most of those are or will be. The weather torments us all.

4. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Sure, you can. Use your time wisely
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I see no problem handling 20+ accounts while going to school. Your not going to be setting around much or hanging out with the girls. You can do it though and make some money.