1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bobcatnj, Feb 3, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

how do u get the condo and business accounts? send them a letter/ flyer??? what is the best way to advertise that people really look at????
  2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Aside from word of mouth which has landed me a few the only hits iv generated for that kind of work have all come from my new yellow page ad. That was something that would have helped me a lot my first year in business but alast the book came out in Dec and I didn’t even have a business phone line yet so I got cheated on that year one. Now year two I'm in there and I’m getting invitations to bid in the mail off my ad. Not bad considering I have 240 other landscapers in that book.
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go over to the property and talk with the person incharge. Ask them when they take bids and imform them about your company. Don't forget to leave your business card and a brochure!
  4. Lance Isaacs

Lance Isaacs LawnSite Member

Look in the phone book under real estate mangement. Call those companies to ask when there bids come open. Be nice to them on the phone. They usually manage most condos and apartments