Accurain

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rainman7, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Has anyone used this product before? What do you think? And yes Hayes...like I said, I like to try new products, it keeps me interested.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I think its ugly, and its ability to water "15 zones at once" is a total joke.

You can't cover any irregular shape from one point, regardless of how fancy the device is.

Taking a look at the website, its obviously geared towards homeowners and non-irrigation professional landscapers...It says its better than a conventional sprinkler system because "They are expensive, water unevenly and are hard to reconfigure"...:laugh:

Look at this list, its a total joke:

http://www.accurain.com/whyaccurain.html

Plus each head is $200 :)

3. Rainman7

from NY

I guess I should have explained, I was not intending to use it as a sprinkler system replacement. Believe it or not, I had a customer ask me to add a zone to water his patio and walk only. He said in the summer its hot on his feet.:cry: He did not want the surronding area wet which would be very difficult with a zone. So I thought this might work. I was wondering how accurate they are. Obviously, wind would probably be big factor.

4. Dirty Water

Buy your customer a pair of sandles for $9.99

5. Rainman7

from NY

Thats what his wife suggested while he was asking me about it. No good. Some people want things just to say they have it. Know the type?

6. Dirty Water

Yeah, I've watered a few rock gardens with stream rotors because people like them to look wet.

Odd.

Is it a hardscape? Explain to him that water will wash out the sand in between the joints.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to see it work as accurate as it says it does in any area that's "real world" I notice WIND blowing on an almost daily basis around here... Fat chance you are going to be filling your bird bath, or even hitting anything you wanted to target more than once.

It's an extremely clever idea, I'll give it that. Whoever invented it is getting rich, maybe slowly, but there's so many people who buy into gimmiky stuff like that...

8. Rainman7

from NY

It's granite. The joints are very tight. Its sort of like a tile. At $70/sq.ft installed. it should come with its own cooling system.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

And a pair of Speedos. :p

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Most of our shop area is not paved but has DG (decomposed granite) for parking of personal/work vehicles and drives that are not paved. About nine years ago I installed Hunter I-20's for dust control and wired the zones to our controller. Special program fires these zones nightly around 3:00 am and they work pretty good at keeping the dust down from all our trucks and tractors. :D