1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accusations of Censorship In This Forum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Sean Adams, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

The members of LawnSite.com who frequent the Pest/Fert Forum know that this is almost like a separate world unto itself. There are certain people in this industry that visit this particular forum and that is fine.

Lately there has been a lot of discussion about several brands of machinery used in this segment of the industry. Those who frequent this forum know exactly what I am referring to.

Without mentioning names, one company decided to disregard the rules of the site and advertise their product every chance they had. They started discussions, they jumped in on discussions and even directly attacked their competition. How? They made themselves Joe-Blow Landscaper and posted on the site just like everyone else. They stayed under the radar just enough so that it would not be completely obvious.

Again, not mentioning names, other companies see LawnSite as a great tool for the industry. They step up to the plate and offer to become a sponsor. Great. No problem. No special treatment. Links, banners, etc... nothing more, nothing less. They help make it possible for members such as yourselves to have all of these discussions. Does that mean they received special privileges? No. Just check and see. They have been questioned. They have been ridiculed at times, etc...

But there is a fine line now... from this point on these discussions will not take place on this site if the rules are not followed.

If you have never owned a particular piece of equipment, you do not have the right to comment on that product, machine, company, etc... Doesn't make sense, skews the direction of people looking for help, and is just unethical in general.

This is a forum to discuss ideas. This is not the place to air your dirty laundry. Instead of whining every chance you get, go to the mfg of the product you are unhappy with. Explain to them the problems you are having. But to park your rear in front of your keyboard and just start throwing out arbitrary statements and accusations and comparisons...well those days are over with.

Realize that you only see what you can read on the forum. You do not see what goes on behind the scenes. You do not see what is right in front of our (admin) face daily.

Finally, to the particular members who have posted claims that lawnsite is now only about making money and censoring its members... You are entitled to your opinion. To those members posting about Eric(which you are wrong about BTW), and especially those admitting they have never owned the equipment they are bashing, that won't fly here.

Use this forum for which it was intended - to learn from and help others, to share experiences,etc... This is not a place to start problems to satisfy your need to read your complaints, and it certainly is not the place where companies will get a free ride.

If anyone would like to discuss this with me personally, you can email me or call me any time at seanlawnsite@aol.com or (412) 847-0050.
  2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Sean, so why lock the PG threads? If you can keep out the joe blow landscaper that does what you claim, why stop me, who has paid PG $10,000 of my money, from commenting on their product?
  3. Sean Adams

All sponsor threads have been posted, stuck, and closed on the site in other forums since as early as 12/04....trying to be consistent....

And any amount of money spent does not give anyone the right to air dirty laundry again and again and again and again, and....get my point.....Your point was made. Telling your experiences and bashing a company is not one in the same. Tell your story, move on, go to the mfg. Not that difficult.
  4. James Cormier

from Ma

Wow, you think I bash PG? I dont think I have started a post in a long while on that company, if I ever did at all. The only times I posted was in response to someone else. Because I commented on it before, now I cant comment on it in the future when a new person ask a question about it?

Been to the mfg many times, get the same response, dont wash it well enough or its still better than walking.
  5. James Cormier

from Ma

On your sponser messages and annocements thread, not all of them are locked.
  6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Just for the record, I own both a PG Centri and a new Z-sprayer, I haven't used the z-sprayer (except for the one I demo for a week) ;)
  7. Sean Adams

My point was made...read it again.

This will not turn into a long-winded waste of time.

If you post in this thread and it was addressed, it will not be addressed again. If the way it was addressed is not to your satisfaction, call me personally. Otherwise, posts will be removed that do not belong or add to the discussion.
  8. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

Hey Sean I don't see any censorship here, I bring up my Prolawn rig all the time as you know and noone censors me. Thanks for the great site! It is fun to see all the different ideas good bad and ugly!
  9. Sean Adams

sprayman - thanks for bringing this up. I did not want to point this out, but there are quite a few companies who are discussed daily in this forum (and many all over the site) that are not sponsors. We never have to step in. But when a company is discussed over and over again in such an adamnat fashion, things don't add up.
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Good work Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up........ :waving: