ace connectors

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by mowtime, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

I am going to use some of the ace connectors for the first time on a run of three path lights. I have never used them before, but it seems that it would be best to have them offset so after you make the connection and use the shrink tubing they will have no chance for contact. I am I correct to think that they will be energized and thus short out if the tubing gets nicked? Thanks for all of the help on this site, also, any other tips on the ace connector greatly appreciated.

2. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

No need they come with a special heat shrink so there is no chance of shorting.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto what pete said. Have never had that problem. Good luck on nicking them once they are shrunk. Very solid connection!

4. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely Tim, I share many of your same views. Your a real pro.

5. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

There is not a better connector than the 3 sizes of ace Connectors. Never had a problem in 10 years, 350 connections a year.
    Sean C.:laugh:

6. Landscape Illuminating

Landscape Illuminating LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Where is everyone getting their Ace connectors?

-LI

7. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Sean,
    I love the Ace, but I wouldn't go so far to say that it is "the best". Have you ever seen or tried the Buchannan crimps with the DBSR? I used to think the Ace was the best thing also, but then I studied it a bit more. Now I think the crimp/DBSR method is a little better than even the Ace. But hey, what ever works for you, then that is what matters most, eh?

8. Chris J

The most common type is made by Nightscaping, so where ever you have a NS distributor, that's where they will be. I get mine through Doug with Nitetyme (he's on here as well).

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I get mine through John Deere Landscapes. I told them I wanted them to stock them, and VWALLA, they brought em in. I primarily use the 1525s and 1538s, but pick your own poison.

10. Chris J

I believe you can get a similar version of this a your local electrical supply house, but I have never checked into it. If it's true, it will probably be cheeper by the pound.