Ack... its getting cold(er).

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dashunde, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I've noticed a pattern...
    Every darn year it seems to do this about now, it just keeps getting colder and colder til the grass finally gives up.
    Well, maybe next year Al Gore and his movie will convince global warming to extend our season?? :laugh:

So how many more cuts do you think are left in your area?
    I'm guessing about 5 here in Nebraska. Its hovering in the mid-60's now...
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I'm hoping I can keep mowing weekly until the 2nd week in november... so 8-9 mows.... I hope....
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im still mowing everyweek here.
  4. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Nebraska???? It says you're in St Louis????

If you are in St louis I think it will probably be at least 7 more weeks
  5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

The rest of this week and maybe once more in October or do a last cut with the leaf cleanup. It snowed Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and have had frost & ice for the past two weeks.
  6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Lows were in the upper 30s here. Thinking till the 1st of october.
  7. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Nov 20th was the last yd I cut last year inWestern PA. So 2 more months.
  8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

welcome to fall everyone i know not officially but its here
  9. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have been mowing since 1988, and we now have 4 more weeks of mowing in the new millennium compared to then, so Global warming is very real in my experience. Contracts typically ran thru the first week of OCT. back then, now I go thru the first week of NOV. pretty darn consistently... Last year tourists who booked the mountain colors here were complaining because the trees were still green the first of October, so, yea, It aint Al Gore, its reality.... it starts to get cooler now, but not like it used to.
  10. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

STL is "home", soon to return as soon as the wifey is finished with the PhD. Gotta get back and start making the real money again.

Last year in STL we were mowin well into November, but here in Cornshucker land it's already down to the 40's at night... dont really know what to expect now.
    (Dont get me wrong, I like the country and a no-so-cityfied environment, but this place is downright depressing, economically and mentally.)