Acquired a new account like never before

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Jul 19, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

So I'm mowing Saturday afternoon with my brother in law and we finish up this place and the next door neighbor and his wife have been watching us like hawks. We get done and he comes over and says "how much would you do mine for?" I tell him $30 per cut/trim/blow. He goes sounds about right, that's what I pay know. He then goes "want to start cutting it right now?"...I said sure, you drop the other service? he says "it's been raining all week and the lawn isn't too bad (and it wasn't tall really) and I called my lawn guy about coming this weekend for a party on Sunday and the guy says "I don't mow on weekends those are for family time"....the new customer of mine says "hey, I'm all for family time, but come on, it's been raining all week, I guess he doesn't care about the customer enough to keep me...I can see you don't mind working on weekends, so my house is all yours"...I told him "I grew up on a dairy farm that my family still owns and mother nature is your 1st boss, so Saturdays and Sundays are work days unless she's been kind to you all week. He said "you are going to make a lot of money in neighborhoods like this with your attitude"

hard work pays off guys!

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well i know chevyman1, i know you dont like me, i dont know why, probably cause im 16 and you think im like all the other teens with their mommy and daddys money and cars with music full blast. but im not like that, ya i still live under their roof but all my equipment i OWN!

but back to topic, thats why i love mowing on saturdays. on average when i mow on saturdays i gain about 3 customers. but i usually only mow on thurs and fri because they dont want ya there when they are enjoying their day off in peace and quiet, which i understand. but sometimes ya have to. one weekend i gained 6 accounts and they were all in rows, but then again 75% of my accounts are in rows. i love people who drop previous locos because they wouldnt put up with their lazy a$$ anymore and wanted someone who was determined to get the money and do a outstanding job. IMO

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Chevy. congrats on the new account but I also respect the man who holds his family above a single job. i have worked a few Sat. and even 1 Sun but I will try to keep the week end open. I have two kids who are 11 and 12 and they will always come first. Because of that I feel for a man who will say no Sat. work. I also think you are on thin ice with this customer as it appears that he his not too loyal.
    Premier--Come back in 30 years and see how you feel about us lazy a**'s that don't want to work on Sat. I am in fair to good shape and can work all day in the heat 5 days a week but like to kick back- go boating-go camping-go hiking with my 12 year old boy scout-or maybe just sit in the A/C and do nothing on the weekends. to me there is no reason to work hard all week if you don't have some time to enjoy life. JMO

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

[/B][/QUOTE] Acquired a new account like never before [/B][/QUOTE]

Whats that...You didnt lowball it?

Trevor

5. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

Acquired a new account like never before [/B][/QUOTE]

Trevor [/B][/QUOTE] roflmao

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

wow what a rough crowd,is it wrong he got a new account???

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

CamLand, I think what you are seeing is a little history backlash.

8. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Acquired a new account like never before [/B][/QUOTE]

Trevor [/B][/QUOTE]

Really sad, but that is the first thought I had when I saw the thread title and author :D

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search you will agree with all of us on the comment i made

Trevor

10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

next time buy a ford,,,,chevyman!