acre or 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bulhead19, May 11, 2011.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The problem is when the guy doesn't know the difference between 1 and 2 acres but
    is being presented with a great learning opportunity, it is my opinion that someone should
    jump on it so that at the very least the next time a customer calls who doesn't know their
    property's size he can at the least have some experience in these matters.

Because no, not all homeowners know the size of their own property.
    More than a few of them haven't a clue.
    I know, disbelief.
    But it's true.

And I agree that $150+ is outrageous.
    You'll be lucky to get $100 for it.
    And that's assuming it really is 2 acres.

But, we don't know :p

Truth be known I was thinking he had a sense of humor as he's probably got a spread
    somewhere between 10 and 100 acres, which is why he said "an acre (or two)" like LOL!

But, we just don't know.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i get $150 for 3 acres here....i would charge $100-$125 for 2 acres but you are gonna kill yourself trying to cut 2 acres with a walk behind...i hope you have a sulky....the 40min drive is the hard part....you should charge $150 minimum since it's such a long drive.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm confused. You haven't seen the property to even know what needs to be done, yet you already came up with a price? How do you know what to charge if you've never seen the place? This goes for ALL the guys that keep blurting out figures and don't have a clue what it will take to maintain it.