Acre

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smackthis, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Smackthis

Smackthis LawnSite Member

I need some imput into how long it takes to mow an acre with different size equiptment. The acre is flat with no obstacles. How long would it take with a 48" compared to a 60" and a 72".
    Thanks,
    Todd

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on the operator. :D

3. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

With a skilled operator you are probably looking at a 75 to 100% decrease in time from a 48" to 60"or 72".

4. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Definately depends on the operator.... but I do have some productivity #s from last year's eXmark literature.... kinda much to try and post here...

use this link
    http://www.exmark.com/productivity.htm

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

100% decrease? How is that possible? Then it wouldn't take any time at all!:dizzy:

6. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

go to exmarks web site.. it shows production times for various size mowers..

7. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Darryl gesner what I was trying to say was that the mowing time would be cut by half or more :( I'm sorry for any confusion.

8. Buddy Markley

Buddy Markley LawnSite Member

9. Buddy Markley

Buddy Markley LawnSite Member

Ooops, once you get to that web page you have to select "Productivity" sorry.

Buddy

10. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

As said above it all depends on the variables. With 2 72" ZTR mowers I have had guys bang out Approx 60 acres in about 5 hours on a dry day. In the beginning of the spring when the grass gets thick and sometimes clumps up double that time. It all depends on the conditions. On any Scag, Bobcat or Exmark spec sheets you will find production rates per hour. I usually cut those numbers in half do to all the variables involved with this business.
    It all depends on how much travel time is involved also. If you drop your gate once or twice than your production rates will be much higher and if you drop your gate 10 to 20 times a day.
    Hope that helps you. Travis