acres per hour - walker , others

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cut-rite, Jan 11, 2001.

1. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

I am bidding on a park --Wondering about production rates for walker 48" with speedup kit( I know I should have checked mine in past seasons but didn't). Park is about 11 acres,very rough,about 150 trees, mostly flat( over all poor mowing conditions). Any ideas how long it might take? Mow and trim only Also those of you with faster mowers, I would be intersted in rates for them also under these conditions. thanks for the input brad
  2. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

If all you got is a 48 Walker it is an all day job. In my experience a job like the one you described(rough mowing conditions) would not be an ideal property. I"ve thougth Walkers to buck around in rough contions. Why tear you machine up. The budget is most likely low and the property manager is most likely looking for the low bidder. Ask yor self what is a solid days worht of work to you? Me- atleast 5 big ones. If you can make it work than you da man! Go for it if you can make some money off it!!
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Go to the Exmark web site. They have a chart that will help with acres per hour for various deck sizes.
  4. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

I'm not commercial, but I cut 2.00 acres in approx 55-60 minutes (seat time).

Fairly flat. Approx. 1.5 acres pretty smooth. Approx. .5 acre kinda rough. 15 - 20 trees to mow around.

Scag SST, 61" deck.
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

A ztr will mow it faster but if its to rough
    it can be hard to handle.If they will let you
    I would certainly roundup around trees.
    I hope you dont need this one enough to
    under bid.Could be a dreaded thing everyweek.
    With my 52 cut exmark. 11acres would take
    at least half day solo.I may get faster though.
    good luck TM
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

the speed up kit is not going to really do much .....the Walker is slower than most ....about 8 mph ....but is a quality machine ..... you should average 1 acre per hr at first ..... than get it down to 45 min. after time on flat areas

In a dirty condition you are really going to beat on her .... so keep her clean .... and check that air filter (hope fully you have the remote up air intake ... had one installed on an older unit for under $200.00 and the oil looks real clean at change time)

7. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

Accuratelawn, Iwent to the Exmark site but couldn't find chart , is it on one of the links from that site or am I blind thanks,brad
  8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey cut-rite,go to the Exmark site again,on the home page at the top, click on "Products" at the top of the page, between "About Exmark" and "Dealer Locator". Then just click on the first listed mower, which happens to be a Lazer Z XP, Then scroll down the page that tells you about that mower and you will see where it says "How many acres per hour can you mow" just click where it says click here, and your'e there. Hope you find it.