acres per hour

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by greenacresman, Mar 14, 2006.

1. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

i purchased a fastrack 20/52 back this winter an iam just wondering how many acres per hour i can mow with this size. cant wait till grass gets a little taller just too see what this baby will do. this is the best and strongest looking ztr in its class.thanks for info (greenacresman) :usflag: :clapping: :waving:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Depends on your speed, terrain and grass conditions, but 2 acres a hour would be easy if the conditions were right.

Pj

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Pj, this is something I would like to know also!...
    How many (square meters) m2/per, on average can a 28/60 superZ do?

Just on flat, average groath and dry! Not quite full speed for bumps.

If you were selling one to me, what would you tell me?

Remember, thats m2! :drinkup:

Its just that I have been asked and didnt know what to tell them. :hammerhead:

Cheers!

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

M2, isnt that a Mazda?...lol...lol......
    My math is not the greatest....lol..lol...
    I will find out for you though.

Pj

5. Mickhippy

Man, when are you lot gonna get out of the 17th century and catch up to the rest of the world! hehe

Cheers mate! lol

6. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I have 1 acre that has hills and is hard to cut (trees, etc). I have a Fastack 44" and cut it in 30 mins or so. You will not notice how quick you can cut now.

Mike

7. Mickhippy

Waiting PJ! Christmas is coming hehe :hammerhead: :dancing:

8. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

This is all approx.

There are 43,000 sq. feet in a acre, and 10.5625 sq. feet in a sq. meter, so there is 4,070 m2 in an acre. If the machine cuts 2.3 acres/ hour you can cut (4070x2.3) 9361 m2 in an hour. He said that a 52" could easily cut 2 acres and I think that 60" could cut 2.3. If you think the machine cuts more just change the figures in the equation.

Hope this helps.

9. Mickhippy

Thanks Chris but going off your calculation, there must be a huge difference in US and Aussie acres. Im only guessing here but I did a park a few times and must of been close to 6, 7 or 8 acres/hr. This was flat and smooth so was able to run flat out most of the time.

This is all no real big deal, I was just interested to know for refference is all!

10. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

The m2/acre is right. I would have thought those machines could cut a lot more then 2 acres/hr. but that is what was posted as my referrence.

If you drive a 5' lawn mower in a straight line for 1 hour at 6mph you can cut 5'x5260'x6=157,800sq.' 157,800 divide by 43,000= 3.67 acres/hr.

157,800 divide by 10.5625=14939.64m2/hr.

Some machines say you can cut at 10mph.