acres per hour?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kalyeah, Mar 12, 2004.

1. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

Hello guys, I need a little info. I've only done small residential up till now. Have a guy wanting an estimate on 2.5 acre property. I use a 52" hydro exmark walk behind, and I'm not sure how long it will take me. It's almost all open except for right up next to the house. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Not sure how many acres an hour you can mow with a mower like this. I'm thinking 2 but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance.

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Go to the eXmark site (click on the eXmark button at the top of this page) and PRODUCTS.....pick any mower, and then on the CLICK HERE above the OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES. You'll see the chart. (your's @ 6mph, and @ 80% eff. is over 2-1/2 per acre)

3. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

THANK YOU, APRRECIATE THE HELP. ACTUALLY WENT TO THE EXMARK SITE FIRST AND MUST HAVE OVERLOOKED IT. THANKS AGAIN.

4. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52in walk behind mower and wide open with few obsticles I can mow 2 acres per hour with it. So I'm in line with your thinking, it sounds about right to me.

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Glad I could be of help, kalyeah ;-) ! Have a good 2004 season in Louisville, my good man.......(and may I add, one of my favorite places to visit)

side note* I don't drink, but I remember the first time I went to KY and noticed the drive-through liquor stores. (around here the only way to drive through, is to be real drunk, and actually "drive through" and INTO....and it has happened. Now that seemed like the ticket, for the one's that didn't want to get out of their car....or may have had trouble getting out of their car.. oh yeah, love Kentucky!