Acres per hour?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by joe2106, Sep 30, 2004.

1. joe2106

joe2106 LawnSite Member

Terry,

How many acres an hour can a lazer z cut w/ a 27 horse 60" deck? What are the factory specs on acres per hour, and what do you think a more realistic estimate is? (As wide open as it gets---smooth and free of obstacles)

I need to gauge about how long 45 acres would take. I have two of them (lazers), but have never had a job that has been this wide open that I am bidding on.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Joe

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Joe,

At 6 mph you should be able to cut about 3 acres per hour pretty easy. At 10 mph you shold be able to cut around 10 acres per hour. I'm using an 80% chart which is usually pretty close. If we figure 80% efficiency were can allow for stops, turns and deck overlap between passes and get pretty reasonable numbrs.

Thanks

Terry

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I cut 9 acres every Friday with my 27hp 60" and 23hp 48" in 1.5 hrs. If cut Biweekly this increases to 2 hrs. Wide open flat bt bumpy ground.

4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

WoW that would be some cutting there...... I would think it would take you 5-6 hours. Man I hope you got those radio hearing protectors.....

5. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

i would say bout 4.5 hours to get her done with mowing.. thats not a bad time at all.... but we can do that in 2.5 hours 4 moweres goin :) thats my 2 sense

6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

How did you know?

7. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

i wrote it wrong bout 5-5.5 hours with 4 72 inch exmark ztr and kubota tractor with finish cut on it 18 feet one swipe